Ridgeview has been producing world-class sparkling wine for over 25 years. Considered pioneers of the English Wine Industry, our state-of-the-art winery and established vineyards (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier) are based in the heart of the South Downs National Park, with breath-taking views of the surrounding area. We are proud to be certified by Wines GB as a sustainable vineyard and winery, and we invest in the latest, innovative equipment to minimise our impact on the natural world whilst crafting the highest quality sparkling wine around.
Ridgeview is a family business built on a strong sense of teamwork. We believe in passion, a sense of purpose and a commitment to excellence. Ridgeview lives and breathes a family ethos, valuing all our staff as individuals, with a unique story and an important role to play. We are a vibrant, dynamic and diverse team who make great things happen, together.
We are on an exciting hunt for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team! The Finance Manager heads up the Finance team and manages the day to day workload of members of the team. The role key function is cashflow and budgeting process managment, while ensuring that all the payments and submissions are made on time. Other areas of responsibility include providing senior management with ad-hoc financial information to help their business decisions as well as assitance in the development of our financial systems as the business grows.
Main Job Functions
- Line Management of finance team, including Personal Development Plans and objectives setting
- Manage and oversee the entire month end process.
- Process monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly fully reconciled management accounts and commentary, meeting both internal and external deadlines.
- Monthly and seasonal cashflow management, including ensuring suppliers and all HMRC payments are made on time.
- Manage and process payroll
- Monthly stock reconciliation and reporting to third parties
- Management and reporting of annual stock take and any ad-hoc stock take
- Management of the budgeting process, assisting the departmental management prepare their budgets and presenting to the Board (includes capital budgets),
- Review of monthly departmental budgets with managers, challenging variances etc, assisted by the Finance Assistant.
- Representing finance on Company projects as required
- Completion of ONS and other statutory returns of a financial nature.
- Providing senior management with ad-hoc financial information to help their business decisions.
- Assisting in the development of our financial systems as the business grows.
- Key finance contact on all external audits
- Completion of government grant claim submissions
- Support the preparation of year end statutory accounts and R&D claim submissions
- Responsible for financial input into annual insurance renewal
- VAT returns submissions
- Oversee company credit card/expenses system
Required skills and experience :
- Part qualified or qualified accountant CIMA / ACCA with demonstrable experience in the key areas required
- Experienced line manager ideally in an SME managing a small Finance team
- Proficient in Excel and accounting systems
Personal characteristics :
- Always strives for excellence
- Shows care and respect for others
- Able to quickly build trusting and lasting relationships
- Proactively develops skills and expertise and apply in every detail
- Works hard and celebrates success.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail with willingness to be involved with operational/transactional processes as required
What we will offer you:
- The opportunity to work within an award-winning wine business as part of a pioneering, proactive, dynamic and friendly team.
- Opportunities for your own continuous development with a focus on being the best you want to be
- Higher than statutory annual leave
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Cycle to work scheme ( after qualifying period )
- Tax free charity giving opportunities via payroll
- Varied and well attended social events throughout the year
- Excellent staff discounts
- And much more!