Ridgeview has been producing world-class sparkling wine for over 25 years. Considered pioneers of the English Wine Industry, our state-of-the-art winery and established vineyards (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier) are based in the heart of the South Downs National Park, with breath-taking views of the surrounding area. We are proud to be certified by Wines GB as a sustainable vineyard and winery, and we invest in the latest, innovative equipment to minimise our impact on the natural world whilst crafting the highest quality sparkling wine around.
Ridgeview is a family business built on a strong sense of teamwork. We believe in passion, a sense of purpose and a commitment to excellence. Ridgeview lives and breathes a family ethos, valuing all our staff as individuals, with a unique story and an important role to play. We are a vibrant, dynamic and diverse team who make great things happen, together.
This role is focused on growing Ridgeview’s UK on-trade and independent off-trade sales in London and the home counties (within the M25 area) in-line with Ridgeview’s overall sales and brand strategy. It will require the development of a network of contacts to attract new clients to achieve annually agreed sales targets in the region. This will be achieved through direct sales fulfillment, working closely with our route to market team and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers to maximise all growth opportunities.
This role reports to the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Responsible for meeting sales targets and KPI’s for the on-trade and independent off- trade in the region through new business development, account development & relationship management.
- Maintaining positive, effective relationships and communication with our route to market sales teams operating in the region.
- Proactive networking to identify new business opportunities and market trends within the specified channels in the region.
- Co-ordination of order fulfilment and Invoice management for the regions direct trade relationships with the Sales Operations team.
- Updating the CRM systems implemented by the business on a regular basis to ensure there is transparency on progress and collection of valuable data for future decision making.
- Attending Scheduled sales team meetings and weekly 1-2-1’s with the Senior Business Development Manager
- Managing the region’s sales support expenditure in the most effective way, within budget and with clearly identified ROI.
- Attending trade & consumer events, virtually or physically as a Ridgeview ambassador (incl. hosting Ridgeview dinners and masterclasses virtually or physically)
- Trade event management (organizing and hosting) and supporting consumer events when suitable.
- Working with the Hospitality Manager to coordinate trade hospitality for Ridgeview’s trade customers to support the enhancement of the brand perception of the brand.
- Training our trade clients staff virtually, on their site and at Ridgeview.
- Working collaboratively across teams to co-operate on key ethical, sustainable, social, environmental, and legal initiatives.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Experience of working in a sales environment with proven ability to hit targets and win new business.
- Demonstrable understanding of the London on-trade market and contacts within it.
- Good level of premium wine or spirits knowledge with drive to acquire specific expertise of ESW to establish credibility with customers and consumers.
- Knowledge of sparkling wine category, specifically in a commercial context of competitors from English and other sparkling wines.
- Experience of hosting tastings and / or other customer facing events – a confident communicator
- Some knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the wine industry at present.
- Enjoys working in a commercial sales environment that requires strong negotiation skills
- Ambitious and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of strategic thinking with ability to employ tact and diplomacy with third party distributor.
- Charismatic with flair to be an exceptional ambassador.
- A confident, respectful communicator
- Well organised with ability to report effectively.
What we will offer you:
- The opportunity to work within an award-winning wine business as part of a pioneering, proactive, dynamic and friendly team.
- Opportunities for your own continuous development with a focus on being the best you want to be
- Higher than statutory annual leave
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Cycle to work scheme ( after qualifying period )
- Tax free charity giving opportunities via payroll
- Varied and well attended social events throughout the year
- Excellent staff discounts
- And much more!