We are KOMI, a social media, marketing and licensing group focused on making social simple and taking creative content to the next level. Specialists in paid social, community management, content production, content distribution and video licensing.
Operating and launching some big brand campaigns from our Manchester HQ, our staff headcount has grown exponentially in the last year and we are only getting bigger. Our industry experts are able to navigate the ever-changing social sphere and deliver the best results.
KOMI Group houses our creative agency specialising in working with talent, KOMI Social, our owned media agency, KOMI Media, whose content generates 1 billion + views per month and ARK, a full-service licensing agency specialising in acquiring and distributing the best videos to high profile clients. We want you along for the ride! 🚀
IGV is the place of viral videos, jumping on trending stories, entertainment and news. You must be a strong storyteller, who is full of creative ideas and can be part of a fast paced team.
As a social editor for IGV, you are responsible for delivering and getting involved in every part of video creation including script writing, ingesting, syncing, and editing footage, adding graphics and audio to gain feedback from the Facebook Lead, and making amendments until the project is complete.
What do we require?
- You have video editing and sound recording knowledge.
- You have a background in social media or a creative background.
- You will need to have a good understanding of social media and use various platforms to source relevant and engaging content to appeal to its intended audiences.
- You will invent and edit original videos to make compelling 3-minute+ videos with a strong story and narrative, requiring planning and implementation.
- You will work to targets set by a line manager to increase productivity and output.
- You will manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is desirable to the audience and are required to have an awareness of industry trends.
- You will produce creative video edits and place videos into a schedule.
- You will report to your line manager weekly on video performance, with an analysis.
- You are a quick learner, who is naturally proactive.
- You are excited by the opportunity of working for a fast-paced social creative agency.
- You are passionate, creative, and have a fire to produce amazing content.
- You believe in our values and want to implement and amplify them in your role.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and alone.
- You have stamina, persistence, enthusiasm, motivation, and a proactive manner.
- You have the ability to remain calm, level-headed under pressure, good organisation skills and can meet tight deadlines.
- You have initiative, flexibility, adaptability, common sense, and problem-solving skills.
- You have basic script-writing skills.
- You have the ability to prioritise and cope with last-minute changes (e.g., scripts & setups).
Salary £24k - £28k
Reporting to Lucy Crump, Facebook Lead