Permanent - Development - Cluj , Romania
We believe the education of tomorrow relies on visionary schools and childcare centers, with inspiring and empowered teaches using innovative technology, relevant, interactive content and real-time communication to shape the minds and hearts of today’s digital-native children. We built Kinderpedia, the complete communication and management solution dedicated to education, with the aim of using technology to transform the way schools work. On one side, by optimising the administrative processes and, on the other, by placing student-teacher-parent collaboration right at the core of the learning act.
Kinderpedia helps the staff of schools and kindergartens save 6 to 9 hours a week of their administrative time and to focus their efforts on the teaching act. It offers complete class management functionalities - daily schedule, attendance, grade book, homework module, remote video teaching, documents storing and distribution – it improves parent engagement in education through a secure and easy-to-use interface. It offers managers a permanent perspective on all activities and communication in school or kindergarten.
Built to aid education institutions across the world, Kinderpedia is securely hosted in cloud, on AWS, it is multi-language and multi-currency and it works as a native mobile app on Android and iOS for both teachers and families. 2,000 schools and kindergartens are registered on Kinderpedia today, from 14 countries on 4 continents. The prestigious education franchise Maple Bear Global Schools chose Kinderpedia as unique operating system in all units in their network.
Kinderpedia has been widely recognized for innovation and social impact. European Commission granted Kinderpedia the Seal of Excellence on SME Instrument, Phase II. In October 2021, the company won the 1st place in InnovX Accelerator, a special prize from Microsoft and the 2nd place in the startup competition at Wolves Summit. One of our recent impact stories is The Remedial Education Alliance (www.aer.school), which we put together in partnership with two other Romanian edtech companies, Brio.ro and Livresq, which offered remedial education to more than 3700 students from I-VIII grades, last year.
Kinderpedia is looking for a highly resourceful and innovative developer with extensive experience as Web Developer for coding the most innovative web/API based platform for nurseries, kindergartens and schools. You will be working either from our office in Bucharest and Cluj or remotely from anywhere in Romania.
- Extensive experience of developing object-oriented PHP7 web applications.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (especially Symfony).
- Experience with API based applications.
- Experience of using and optimizing MySQL databases.
- Algorithmic thinking.
- Good command of English.
- Experience with version control systems, distributed revision control management systems (GIT).
- Experience of using message brokers like RabbitMQ
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, RDS, EFS.
- Experience with microservices architectures.
- Experience with Couchbase or Redis, Memcache.
- Experience of working with high traffic or large brand web-based applications and API's.
- Experience with Linux Servers.
Desirable personal skills:
- Good attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning and using new technologies.
- Ability to complete duties on time whilst maintaining a high quality service.
- Sense of humor, positive approach and work well within a team.
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring.
- Establish responsible deadlines and team estimations, managing your time effectively.
- As project team member, execute assigned stories and communicate with your team and Scrum Master
- Communicate progress against tasks, status, issues, risks and dependencies from Planning to Deployment.
- Manage your Sprint Backlog with your team using Agile Methodologies (SCRUM).
- Propose ideas of improvements of the application, procedures and technologies.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen your knowledge-base and proficiency.
- Kinderpedia is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports, celebrates, encourages and respects all individuals and in which all processes are based on merit, competence and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexuality, age, disability, ethnicity, marital status or any other protected characteristics.
Should you require further assistance or require any reasonable adjustments be put in place to better support your application process, please do not hesitate to raise this with us.
- an energising, dynamic, safe and social working environment for our team, we ensure our team feel supported and empowered to deliver the best results. We challenge our team to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work.
- the chance to actively shape our success and to grow with your tasks and responsibilities
- plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
- we celebrate our success regularly at joint team and company events
- flexible working. Our team love our office environment. But flexibility is key. Our team like to balance a mix of home and office working.
- teambuilding with colleagues from other countries;
- a clear career development framework. We like to upskill and promote quickly.
- a motivated and diverse international team, which consists not only of work colleagues, but friends
- competitive salary, dependent on experience
- discretionary bonus
- annual away days
- 5 days allocated development training per year