Permanent - Sales - Bucharest, Romania
We believe the education of tomorrow relies on visionary schools and childcare centres, with inspiring and empowered teachers using innovative technology, relevant, interactive content, and real-time communication to shape the minds and hearts of today’s digital-native children. We built Kinderpedia, the complete communication and management solution dedicated to education, with the aim of using technology to transform the way schools work. On one side, by optimising the administrative processes and, on the other, by placing student-teacher-parent collaboration right at the core of the learning act.
Kinderpedia helps the staff of schools and kindergartens save 6 to 9 hours a week of their administrative time and to focus their efforts on the teaching act. It offers complete class management functionalities - daily schedule, attendance, grade book, homework module, remote video teaching, document storing, and distribution – it improves parent engagement in education through a secure and easy-to-use interface. It offers managers a permanent perspective on all activities and communication in school or kindergarten.
Built to aid education institutions across the world, Kinderpedia is securely hosted in the cloud, on AWS, it is multi-language and multi-currency, and it works as a native mobile app on Android and iOS for both teachers and families. 2,000 schools and kindergartens are registered on Kinderpedia today, from 14 countries on 4 continents. The prestigious education franchise Maple Bear Global Schools chose Kinderpedia as a unique operating system in all units in their network.
Kinderpedia has been widely recognized for innovation and social impact. European Commission granted Kinderpedia the Seal of Excellence on SME Instrument, Phase II. In October 2021, the company won 1st place in InnovX Accelerator, a special prize from Microsoft, and 2nd place in the start-up competition at Wolves Summit. One of our recent impact stories is The Remedial Education Alliance (www.aer.school), which we put together in partnership with two other Romanian ed-tech companies, Brio.ro and Livresq, which offered remedial education to more than 3700 students from I-VIII grades, last year.
As Head of Sales, you'll work closely with the CEO, CTO, and CMO to drive the company's continued expansion in the EU markets, whilst working to build a high-performance Sales team of Account Execs.
Join our team if you are:
- a fabulous, but, I mean, really awesome salesperson, with a proven track record;
- passionate about technology and how it shapes people’s lives and the way we work;
- familiar with remote working and communication tools, such as Zoom, Teams, and online/ cloud CRM solutions (HubSpot, Pipedrive, etc);
- interested in working for start-ups;
- 5+ years experience selling SaaS;
- 5+ years managing a team of 6 or more individuals;
- spontaneous, creative, always looking for better ways to get things done;
- self-motivated and willing to learn and be coachable;
- patient and determined not to take no for an answer;
- fluent in English;
Your role will be:
- to create order and standardise processes across sales to improve productivity, efficiency, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction;
- to manage performance expectations of the sales teams and ensure they are hitting targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- to engage in and conduct product and sales training with the team;
- to create a sales culture that's all about success and fun, set up some incentives, build a solid team mentality, and help everyone see their goals and map out their careers;
- to keep on top of KPIs and metrics around customer usage & conversions;
- to hire great team members with solid proven sales skills and high EQ;
- to devise compensation plans that are competitive in the market;
- to ensure a positive client experience with feedback sessions and using a problem-solving mentality;
- to motivate, drive, coach, and empower the sales team with the skills to provide first-class service to all prospective and existing users of our multi-award-winning platform;
- to assess and lead current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them;
- to collaborate and assess the team members' individual performance through observation and measurement, and suggest corrective actions as needed;
- to engage with leaders in customers' organizations, to determine and define goals and leverage the products and services to achieve them;
- to ensure proper pipeline management activities, including accurate forecasting and sales cycles handling, in partnership with the company's Sales Operations team;
- to work closely with the Marketing team to help with campaigns and events throughout the year;
- to elaborate a thorough profile for each potential target;
- to approach them through various channels in order to introduce Kinderpedia and present its benefits;
- to follow up with them up to the point where they actually started a pilot test;
- to convert the kindergarten to premium and to assist them through the implementation;
- to motivate them to refer our solution to other kindergartens;
- a highly motivating base salary;
- ESOP plan for achieving milestones;
- significant sales commissions;
- an energising, dynamic, safe, and social working environment for our team, we ensure our team feels supported and empowered to deliver the best results. We challenge our team to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work;
- the chance to actively shape our success and to grow with your tasks and responsibilities;
- plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
- brand new equipment, including a MacBook and noise-cancelling headphones of your choice;
- a positive start at the Nespresso coffee station, every morning;
- healthy breaks with natural juices and many, many smiles;
- playtime evenings at the office, poker nights, and insane parties with the team;
- we celebrate our success regularly at the joint team and company events;
- flexible working. Our team loves our office environment. But flexibility is key. Our teams like to balance a mix of home and office work;
- teambuilding with colleagues from other countries;
- a clear career development framework. We like to upskill and promote quickly;
- a motivated and diverse international team, which consists not only of work colleagues but friends.
Kinderpedia is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports, celebrates, encourages, and respects all individuals and in which all processes are based on merit, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexuality, age, disability, ethnicity, marital status, or any other protected characteristics.
Should you require further assistance or require any reasonable adjustments to be put in place to better support your application process, please do not hesitate to raise this with us.