Permanent - Design - London, United Kingdom
Angel O’Donnell numbers among Andrew Martin’s Top 100 Designers 2023. On top of their critical success – which includes the coveted Overall Winner trophy at the Society of British and International Interior Design – they’ve earned a reputation for thoughtful discretion, friendly collaboration and pin-sharp detailing, qualities their clients prize dearly.
It’s how Angel O’Donnell has become a highly sought-after design studio, with clients from around the world – notably New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai and even Hamilton in Bermuda – seeking out their services in London.
From heritage properties to contemporary new builds, recent projects include three sub-penthouses in Triptych Bankside, a penthouse and sub-penthouse in One St. John’s Wood, a Georgian townhouse, an Edwardian family home, four apartments in Park Hyatt Residences, and three apartments in The OWO Residences by Raffles.
This work is underpinned by the studio’s co-founders, Richard Angel and Ed O’Donnell, who believe in approaching every brief with fresh eyes, unhampered by a signature look. This frees them to put each client at the heart of what they do. No one-size-fits-all process. No cookie-cutter style. Just beautiful, bespoke designs impeccably delivered.
Craving a new creative challenge?
We’re looking for a Midweight FF&E Designer – someone obsessed with design, art, fashion, furniture, colour, pattern, texture, shape and everything in between.
You’ll get to work independently – and as part of a team – on some of the most coveted developments and private residences on the market today.
It’s an invaluable role with huge scope for growth. So if you want to take your career to the next level – we'd love to hear from you.
Your role in more detail
• Creating wow-factor interiors for luxury private homes and residential developments
• Developing client briefs and conceptual presentations
• Producing space plans, elevations and bespoke joinery drawings
• Sourcing and designing FF&E
• Reporting into the Creative Director to develop ideas and bring design presentations to life
• Creating projects on EstiMac to pass on to our Procurement & Project Manager
• Liaising with contractors, architects, suppliers and other professionals
• Assisting installations onsite and working with all relevant parties to ensure the smooth delivery of each client project
• Building strong relationships with talented artists and suppliers
What we’re looking for
• 4 years+ experience working in a busy creative environment, delivering multiple projects on time and on budget
• Creative versatility and a passion for exploring all interior styles and genres
• Willingness to ask questions, embrace direction and take on new ideas
• Fresh thinking that can answer briefs in lively and unexpected ways
• Someone who doesn’t let a budget become a barrier to great design
• Great eye for colour, texture and pattern
• A broad product and supplier knowledge
• Expertise in pulling together a showstopping mood board
• Natural ability to put our clients at the heart of everything we do
• Experience working onsite and liaising with contractors to ensure our designs are executed to the highest standards
• Strong CAD skills to fully realise furniture layouts and intricate design details through sketches, elevations and technical drawings
• Strong Photoshop and InDesign skills
• Strong knowledge of Esti Mac/PC is critical
• Cracking humour (silly, witty or bark-out-loud funny, we don’t care so long as you’re having fun)
What we’re offering
• £30,000 - £40,000 per year (depending on experience)
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and 3 days shutdown over Christmas
• Annual bonus
• Bupa Company Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• MYNDUP mental health support
• Flexible working between your home and our London-based Soho Works offices
• Access to workplace wellness facilities, including yoga and Pilates classes
• A talented team with the energy of a start-up and the confidence of a big business
• A career with exciting growth prospects