Permanent - Investment Advisory - Miami, United States of America
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
• Participate in preparation of presentations regarding asset allocation, investment recommendations etc. for existing clients
• Generate market, product and client research
• Evaluate financial products and services in support of the firm’s Investment Committee
• Analyse investment performance of designated accounts and third-party portfolio managers utilized within the group’s Investment Advisory division
• Participate in preparation of pitch materials to prospective clients
• Maintenance of monthly trade blotter for Miami-based client portfolios
• Liaise closely with the group’s Portfolio Reporting and Client Services groups to ensure clear, timely and accurate communication across all client support functions
• Complete ad hoc research projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Series 65 License (or willingness to obtain Series 65 within first 6 months)
• Interest in the areas of asset allocation, investment analytics and performance calculations/methodologies
• Ability to operate in a semi-autonomous and entrepreneurial environment while maintaining a sales and client-centred focus
• Superlative analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong initiative, energetic work habits and dedication to fulfilling responsibilities
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, to interact with team, business partners, advisors and senior management
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across the organization
• Microsoft Excel proficiency required
• Fluency in English; high level of proficiency in Spanish