Permanent - Information Technology - London, United Kingdom
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
Please visit our careers page to find out more and apply: https://jobs.stryve.online/alvarium-investments
We have built a central technology stack that comprises multiple wealth management platforms to improve the efficiency of generating the analytics to review our data across multiple dimensions, allowing us to centrally account for the business’s data, workflows and processes. Key platforms are Addepar, a positions / transaction accounting and reporting platform, and Jacobi, a sophisticated risk and performance analytics / modelling tool, which integrates with Addepar.
The combination of these two platforms and supporting database infrastructure requires a focus on wealth management operations and data integrity / integration. Alvarium has created a central platform operations function as part of this focus. This team will:
1. Manage all datapoints that drive regular wealth management workflows across the wealth management tech stack
2. Assume responsibility for the validation of multi-asset class performance and subsequent client reporting generation
3. Contribute to operational projects across both platforms, as well as process automation
The Analyst will be responsible for performing a variety of functions associated with the maintenance of all data in Addepar (account ownership structure setup, transactions booking, valuations booking, attribute and price management, as well as automated data feed reconciliation) and contribute to the build-out of automated workflows to better support these data.
The hire will work with the Platform Operations Lead and GWM CTO to implement business-as-usual workstreams and strategic projects for Swiss entities. Over time, there is scope to expand the role to other jurisdictions.
• Assume responsibility for the validation of multi-asset class performance and generation of regular client reports
• Ensure investment data integrity and compliance by performing data cleansing, audit and validation, and recommend ways to strengthen data integrity, quality and availability across the enterprise
• Ensure investment data updates and issues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner to support regular reporting and portfolio management workflows
• Establish audit, documentation, governance and integrity routines to maintain the quality of investment data and performance validation
• Contribute to projects related to investment performance across both platforms, as well as process automation
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum 2-3 years prior experience within the wealth and/or asset management sector, experience in the UHNW multi-family office space a plus. Experience of multi-jurisdictional wealth management organisations an advantage
• Excellent academic credentials with a good undergraduate degree with finance / economics / science focus (minimum 2.1)
• Understanding of investment performance and attribution, and a thorough understanding of performance measurement techniques
• Ability to answer core questions and troubleshoot problems related to performance / P&L reconciliation across TWR and IRR calculations
• Knowledge of both fund and investment accounting for marketable and alternative securities
• Intellectual curiosity to evaluate and drive change and continuous improvement, with a thirst for automation and efficiency drives
• Excellent numeracy and statistical skills
• Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written) in English and French. Other European languages (especially German and Italian) an advantage
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially advanced Excel, Power Point)
• CIPM / studying towards CIPM a considerable advantage
• Experience in databases and SQL, with knowledge of analytical SQL functions an advantage
• Experience using business intelligence tools, especially Power BI an advantage
• Experience using Addepar and/or Jacobi a considerable bonus
• Experience working with REST APIs an advantage