Permanent - Information Technology - London, United Kingdom
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
Please visit our careers page to find out more and apply: https://jobs.stryve.online/alvarium-investments
The combination of these businesses in a public company context requires a new focus on data engineering, data operations and data integrity / integration. The Architecture Lead will lead a team of data engineers, focussing on
1. Data Transformation – a way to programmatically transform data from various sources (e.g., using Python, SQL, dbt, etc.)
2. Data Storage – persistent data storage solution, ideally with end result being a relational database (SQL) that we can write custom queries on
3. Workflow Orchestration and Monitoring – define schedules for workflows and outsource workflow monitoring (handling failures, etc.)
The role will own the technical systems that house the data and be responsible for the build out and maintenance of data pipelines and architecture.
The role will combine data process architecture with an initial need for practical hands-on data pipeline creation.
The candidate will work initially with the GWM CTO and the wider GWM technology team to stand up and build out necessary workflows and documentation, as well as get up to speed with the project so far.
• Drive implementation of architecture team to support GWM division reporting, analytics, trading and portfolio management
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures.
• Assemble data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Undertake general database administration tasks and understand data modelling techniques.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and cloud platforms.
• Assist with planning and delivery of architecture workflows, as well as work with the wider technology team on architecture projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Prior experience in data solutions / infrastructure engineering / data architecture.
• Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python.
• Experience working with REST APIs.
• Experience designing and using data pipeline and ETL tools.
• Understanding of system design, infrastructure, and security.
• Excellent academic credentials with university degree in quantitative discipline.
• Intellectual curiosity to evaluate and drive change and continuous improvement, with a thirst for automation and efficiency drives.
• Excellent numeracy and statistical skills.
• Experience of multi-jurisdictional wealth management organisations an advantage.
• Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication) in English. Other European languages an advantage.
CORE TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
• Database languages: SQL, Microsoft SQL Server
• Data management: ETL tools
• Cloud environments: Azure
• Programming languages: Python
• Shell scripting: PowerShell