Permanent - Finance - London, United Kingdom
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
• Timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices and staff expenses.
• Preparing weekly payment runs across all UK entities and uploading to the bank
• First point of contact for dealing with supplier invoice and payment queries
• Liaising with internal stakeholders over queries on expenses and invoices
• Managing the Finance Inbox ensuring all items are dealt with or escalated
• Assisting in the management of company credit cards
• Raising of Sales invoices
• Reporting of weekly cash balances across the group
• Any other ad hoc requests
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excel proficient – VLOOKUP’s/pivot tables/basic formulae
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Time management and organisational skills
• Knowledge of banking systems
• Knowledge of accounting systems – SAGE
• Experience with Accounts Payable
• Studying towards a finance qualification