Permanent - Merchant Banking - London, United Kingdom
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
Alvarium is expanding its global co-investment offering through the launch of a formal co-investment programme, focused on sourcing growth and high growth private market investments in the areas of technology, innovation, and digitalisation. We will partner with leading sponsors, across several geographic regions and sectors, to access off-market deal flow on behalf of our clients and investors, leveraging the unparalleled network and access that AlTi has in this market. With an established investment committee across 5 regions, we are looking to bring on board someone to lead the deal sourcing, execution, and portfolio management efforts in Europe (inc UK).
• We are looking for a Director in our Co-Investment business, with responsibilities across origination, diligence, execution, and portfolio management, principally in Europe although the role allows for global exposure as well.
• The role would require taking the UK/European lead for the wider co-investment group, as well as working alongside the other leads in other geographies.
• The Alvarium co-investment business is focused on sourcing opportunities for our clients to invest through a recurring vintage programme in growth and high growth private market opportunities across technology and innovation and accordingly, the ideal candidate would have in depth knowledge and experience in this area of the market.
• Our co-investment programme is relatively nascent and as such, requires someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can take the initiative on building out their own part of the business and proactively sourcing ideas as well as investment capital.
• The role would have dedicated resource to assist in analysis and other work around deal flow and pipeline management, as well as being able to leverage a wider AlTi group for additional resource.
• This role would offer the individual an exciting mix of first-hand interactions with founders and GPs, as well as investors. The ideal candidate would need to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate their investment thesis and views to a wide-ranging audience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• +10 years’ experience in private markets, primarily on the investment/execution side
• Previous track record of leading investment or co-investment in the areas of technology and innovation
• Strong communication skills
• Willing to lead a small team but also operate as part of a wider global investment group
• Self-starter who wants to play a role on building out a business from early stages