Full Time - Investment Advisory - Miami, US
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
The individual in this key role will provide a wide range of administrative and client-related support for Alvarium’s Miami-based Investment Advisory team.
What you will do as a Team Assistant:
• Provide general and administrative support for the Miami office including:
Telephone reception/greeting of office guests
Daily maintenance of office facilities (kitchen, conference rooms, etc.)
Calendar management/coordination of meetings
Assistance with expense reporting for the team using the company’s Expensify software
Coordination of travel reservations for Miami staff and clients
Sorting and distributing incoming mail
Collation/printing/binding of client reports
Occasional performance of out-of-office errands
• Serve as Office Manager and act as primary liaison to office building management company
• Assist with prospect and client calls, schedule client-related appointments as needed
• Assist clients with activities concerning their custodian accounts
• Provide support relating to client investments in alternatives (hedge funds, private equity, etc.)
• Project management/ad hoc service requests
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in a client-facing support role a plus (particularly within the financial services industry)
• Superlative organizational skills and attention to detail
• Follow-through and deadline driven
• Superior interpersonal skills and professional presence; ability to quickly build and maintain credibility with clients and among internal stakeholders
• Self-motivated; ability to take initiative and be comfortable working on and prioritizing multiple projects
• Excellent analytical, reasoning, communication and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Fluency or strong proficiency in Spanish required