Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
The role will support the Company’s financial forecast and budgeting process, financial modelling and development of key analytics of the Company to guide strategy and business decision making. Other strategic work will include, but not limited to, preparation of Board Presentations, Executive Committee presentations and communications with external parties including Investors, Banks Rating Agencies and Regulatory Authorities. The role will additionally provide critical support on merger and acquisitions, capital market transactions and special projects.
- Partner closely with Alvarium and Alti HoldCo Finance, Business leads and Executive leadership to provide business analytics and timely forecasts to determine current and future financial performance
- Produce financial models to project near term and long-term growth with key business drivers
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing rolling forecast process supporting the quarterly earnings guidance to the investor community
- Proactively provide actionable insights on the current and future state of the business.
- Prepare Board decks and presentations to summarize financial outlook and recommendations
- Support the roll-out of a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and help create and implement the Planning and Analysis module
- Work collaboratively with both Alvarium and Alti HoldCo Finance to review monthly financial reporting
- performance and drive timely reporting
- Provide advisory guidance to streamline, standardize and improve the operating environment Company wide
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Essential 10-15 years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience working with complex group consolidation models under UK/US GAAP/IFRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Practice Trained ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant (preferably Big 4 experience)
- Financial Services experience is highly desirable, especially within a complex global organization
- Experience working in and developing a financial planning & analysis
- Experience preparing timely Board decks and other external Presentations to a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency with reporting software and systems, e.g., NetSuite, Hyperion, and experience in implementation of new ERP systems
- Ability to efficiently drive and complete multiple workstreams and re-prioritize effectively
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Critical attention to detail and highly organized
- Highly motivated, self-confident and pro-active individual