Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $22 billion of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
This role is as a member of our client accounting team. The main duties are split between recurring and special project work:
- recording financial transactions for personal clients, client companies and trusts, ensuring all financial records are fully maintained and updated
- generation of accurate online client payments, performing bank reconciliations ensuring that bank accounts are appropriately funded to meet expenditure and liaison with client/client staff in relation to this
- collation of data for client payrolls, review of processed payrolls and submission of pension contribution data, plus collation of data for client staff benefits for year-end P11D returns
- scrutinise, analyse, and investigate expenditure and income
- generation and submission of client VAT returns or subject to experience, assisting with generation and submission of client VAT returns
- assisting with the generation of budgets, periodic management/client reports and dealing with ad hoc accounting requests
- assisting with generation of year-end accounts and related compliance (statutory accounts and corporate tax returns)
- collation and input of data for personal tax returns, complex and detailed long-term cash flow forecasts which can adapt to changes in assumed business performance, tax environment, economic outlook and special projects and property transactions
- developing models for complex financial transactions with changing assumptions
- linking Excel outputs to PowerPoint presentations to automate reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably qualified member with ACA or ACCA but other experience will be considered
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised approach to all matters
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Service oriented, diplomatic, responsive to client requirements at short notice
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Microsoft Office knowledge is essential, particularly an advanced level of MS Excel
- Xero Viewpoint experience an added advantage