Permanent - Investment Advisory - Zurich, Switzerland
Tiedemann Advisors is a top-ranked, independent wealth advisory firm with nine offices across the U.S. and an emerging presence in Europe. For more than 20 years, we have been at the forefront of adopting new wealth management practices and providing comprehensive wealth services including investment management, wealth and estate planning, education and governance and trust administration. Our firm is one of the largest Impact Investing firms in the industry working with clients to invest in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way. Our Trust Company is based in Delaware, a highly advantageous state with progressive trust laws. We oversee $27 billion in assets for high-net-worth individuals and families, family offices, foundations, endowments, and trusts, with the mission to help our clients accomplish what matters most to them.
Tiedemann has recently announced plans to merge with Alvarium, a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific in Autumn 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing. To learn more visit tiedemannadvisors.com.
The COO reports to the President of IWM and will support him in overseeing several front office functions and strategic initiatives, as well as heading multiple back office / operations functions for the firm’s Wealth Management affiliates globally.
• Support the President in with the formulation of strategic initiatives and then managing the execution and end-to-end delivery across all areas of the business.
• Oversight of the Division’s operational structure, including the array of offices, continually searching for opportunities to realize efficiencies and reduce costs in the back and middle office.
• In partnership with central group functions, manage Accounting, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Compliance, Client Services, Technology and Office Management functions within our Wealth Management Division.
• Act as central point of communication between the President, the Wealth Management Division, our Asset Management Division and our central group functions.
• Lead the integration of the International Wealth Management division with respect to Global Wealth Management.
• Accounting Responsibilities include
• Working with Divisional and local affiliate finance directors to ensure that the Division has both resources and technology in place to satisfy local and SEC accounting requirements
• Oversight of accounting implications of all business decisions
• Local treasury and cash management with the finance partner
• Supported by Group Finance, monitoring of client receivables and vendor payables
• Reviewing accounting entries made by local and Divisional accounting teams
• Oversight of audit process at Divisional and local level
• Financial Reporting responsibilities include
• Working with Group level and Divisional financial reporting teams to prepare monthly financial statements for the Wealth Management Division
• Directing the budgeting process for all Wealth Management affiliates
• Working with Group, Divisional and local finance teams to prepare updated Income Statement and cash forecasts on a monthly basis
• Compliance responsibilities include:
• Working with compliance team to ensure maintenance of compliance program
• Ensuring that each affiliate/jurisdiction has the appropriate compliance resources in place to satisfy local (and SEC) regulatory requirements
• Working with local compliance teams to ensure filing of all necessary regulatory documents on a timely basis
• Working with Divisional, Group and local compliance teams to harmonize and optimize all client take-on, suitability, KYC and AML documentation
• Working with CMO and Compliance to ensure that marketing materials and client communications meet regulatory requirements in each jurisdiction
• Human Resources responsibilities include:
• Working with HR team to input on divisional considerations for global employee policies and procedures
• Working with HR team to co-ordinate hiring throughout the Division
• Working with HR Team to co-ordinate the annual evaluation process for all divisional employees
• Other Operational responsibilities include:
• Working with the data operations team to ensure to ensure that the division has adequate portfolio reporting technology and resources available to satisfy its clients’ needs, as well as provide the business intelligence requested by central functions
• Ensuring that the division has the optimal mix of Portfolio Management and Client Service resources to be able to attend to its internal and external clients’ needs
• Liaising with the Office of the Chief Investment Officer and the Global Wealth Management Committee to ensure that the Division is providing the necessary operational support for the divisional leaders to be able to realize their objectives
• Together with the Co-Heads of the International Wealth Management Division, leading the Divisional strategy and ensuring that the Division is well placed from an operational perspective to realize these strategic goals
• Working with the Divisional and Group CTO and IT function to ensure that the Division has the systems and IT infrastructure to support its operations and growth as well as to satisfy all internal and external reporting requirements and business intelligence
• Must be a self-starter, be able to work independently, have a strong sense of urgency and proactively follow-up
• 10 years of experience running operations for a Wealth Management Firm or similar Financial Services business with a presence in multiple jurisdictions
• Experience managing multi-functional, multi-person and multi-jurisdictional teams
• Experience with regulatory and compliance requirements for Wealth Management firms or similar Financial Services business in multiple jurisdictions
• CFA preferred
• Experience with Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills – team player, able to forge relationships, build consensus and influence decisions
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Concise written and communication skills
• Risk and control focused individual with excellent judgment
• Experience with various custodian platforms
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds.