Full Time - Compliance - London, GB
Alvarium is a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique providing tailored solutions for families, foundations and institutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The firm specialises in being the trusted adviser to clients with complex needs, providing institutional quality advice, investment and risk management using the full spectrum of public and private markets. Alvarium also offers direct co-investment opportunities from specialist managers focusing on alternatives and real assets to highly sought-after managers, companies and opportunities in the innovation economy.
Alvarium has over 220 employees and 28 Partners advising on circa $20bn of assets across four service lines — investment advisory, co-investments, merchant banking and family office services.
Alvarium has recently announced plans to merge with a US investment and wealth advisor firm in early 2022. The combined business, Alvarium Tiedemann Holdings (AlTi) is expected to be valued at $1.4 billion, to have combined assets under management of over $50 billion and be listed on Nasdaq and will have access to substantial capital for further investments. The focus will remain on high net-worth individuals across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific with a focus on impact or values-aligned investing.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technically strong candidate to work within a multinational company. You will have oversight of the International Wealth Management division (ex US) of the multi-family office focussing on the retail investment advisory division which manages ultra-high net worth client accounts on a discretionary and advisory basis.
• Oversight of the International Wealth Management Compliance Team (excluding the US)
• Ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Programme is standardised across the division
• Ensure that appropriate Compliance Monitoring, including client file reviews, is undertaken on a timely basis across the division
• Prepare and deliver quarterly compliance reports as appropriate to the boards
• Work with the business to resolve any issues identified
• Ensuring regulatory changes are tracked, policies, procedures and compliance monitoring are appropriately amended
• Working closely with senior management
• Working with members of the Compliance Team as necessary including on special projects
• Responsibility for monitoring the regulatory environment to keep abreast of current legislation, key regulatory initiatives and future developments and interpret the impact on the business area
• Promoting good lines of communication to encourage staff to report compliance issues or potential concerns
• Overseeing the investigation of customer complaints.
• Review the assessment of procedures and controls to identify risks to firms’ and regulators’ requirements
• Understanding how current procedures are designed to reduce identified risks
• Ensure required regulatory filings are submitted
• Ensure appropriate compliance and awareness training is delivered across the division
• Oversight of SMCR and training and competence across the division
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Previous experience of overseeing an International Wealth Management Compliance Team
• Strong IT skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proven to be discrete and trusted with sensitive information
• To demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and to maintain a positive approach to working in a busy environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of seniority
• Highly organised and able to work in complex situations
• Excellent attention to detail, conscientious, diligent and proactive
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication) and able to work across cultures
• Ability to multi-task and a proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a high degree of autonomy