AlTi is the financial ideas company, delivering transformational solutions that create enduring value. We are a global wealth and asset manager, in the business of turning powerful ideas into high-performing strategies and solutions. Our clients are UHNW individuals and families, institutions, foundations, and family-led businesses. We offer a connected ecosystem of advice, solutions, and unique investment opportunities from across our global network. AlTi has over 400 employees and assets under advisement of $65 billion with access to substantial capital for further investments.
We are passionate about finding better ways to serve our clients. We approach problems with open-mindedness and a restless entrepreneurial spirit to deliver more for clients.
Our culture is rooted in curiosity. We support the unique qualities of each team member and the entrepreneurial spirit shared by all of us. We come from different backgrounds and offer different perspectives. We believe these differences make us better suited for a fast-changing world.
As a growing global firm with offices in ten countries on four continents, we are looking for talented individuals to expand our team. If you share our passion for ideas and commitment to excellence, we want you to join us.
To learn more visit alti-global.com.
AlTi is looking for a Director within our U.S. Wealth Management Division to join our Client Advisory Team. The Director will serve as the primary contact with clients, ultimately responsible for carrying out the holistic wealth advisory proposition of the firm. This person works in close partnership with Senior Client Advisors to develop the strategic plan for the client, including investment management and leading the day-to-day execution of that plan. The Director should have experience delivering advice on holistic goal setting, investment/portfolio management (including impact investing concepts), tax management, trust and estate planning, philanthropic planning, and educational and governance best practices. This person will also contribute to the growth of the firm by developing his/her professional network, aiding the business development team with analysis and support in closing new business and helping to source client referrals. As a Director, this person should demonstrate strong teamwork skills, offering guidance, mentorship, and leadership to each member of the client team.
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Engage collaboratively with each member of the client team to deliver on the firm’s holistic proposition
- Work with clients to build customized investment and wealth planning strategies
- Effectively communicate firm views and strategies when implementing client objectives
- Proactively prepare for and deliver materials (i.e. client presentations, quarterly reports, market overviews, financial planning analysis, etc.) in client meetings, with the support and engagement of other team members
- Preemptively assess client needs and organize the team around client projects, like sustainability analyses, estate planning strategies, or portfolio migration to greater impact alignment
- Think proactively about client situations (i.e. births, deaths, divorces, liquidity events, large purchase decisions, estate planning needs, etc.) and develop appropriate analysis and resources to suit
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading performance reports in order to offer feedback/corrections to the production team, as well as manage any questions from the client
- Responsible for management and oversight of multiple complex client relationships
- Coordinate with outside advisors of the client (CPAs, Attorneys, etc.)
- Review, assess and discuss cash flow forecasting models (Monte Carlo)
- Comfort in discussing trusts and estate planning concepts at a high level and know when to bring in additional internal or external resources to further refine any planning
- Offer constructive advice, feedback and mentorship to other teammates
- Aid in business development efforts of the firm, contributing meaningfully to proposal development, RFP editing / construction, developing prospect materials, etc. with the ultimate goal of closing and serving new client relationships
- Participate in team and / or firm wide meetings and review global communications to remain present to our ongoing proposition and investment positioning
- Engage in other projects to enhance the proposition and / or culture of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Economics or Business – or relevant work or life experience
- Minimum 12 years of relevant industry experience in a client facing role
- Excellent communicator, showing attentive listening skills married with empathetic and educated speaking and writing capabilities
- Non-negotiable integrity in dealing with clients and with the firm
- Collaborative, introspective, and energetic team player
- Represent AlTi and our work with utmost professionalism in external events and within one’s network
- Ability to speak on our business proposition with understanding and authenticity
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain details around multiple complex clients simultaneously
- Experience in working with HNW / UHNW clients from a planning and investment perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge in financial markets, investment management, asset allocation, manager attribution, portfolio construction and ability to speak fluently and with confidence about these concepts
- Independently motivated self-starter able to manage workflow without regular oversight and demonstrates willingness to support broader efforts of the firm
- Humble, curious learner who seeks out expertise from colleagues, and works to attain greater knowledge themselves
- Ability to travel within the United States as business needs arise
- Experience with or interest in Impact Investing concepts preferred
- CFA, CTFA, CPA or CFP designation preferred
With respect to positions in our San Francisco Office, the expected base salary ranges from $170,000 -$200,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, and education. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds.