Permanent - Asset Management - New York, NY, United States of America
AlTi is the financial ideas company, delivering transformational solutions that create enduring value. We are a global wealth and asset manager, in the business of turning powerful ideas into high-performing strategies and solutions. Our clients are UHNW individuals and families, institutions, foundations and family-led businesses. We offer a connected ecosystem of advice, solutions and unique investment opportunities from across our global network. AlTi has over 400 employees and assets under management of $60 billion with access to substantial capital for further investments.
We are passionate about finding better ways to serve our clients. We approach problems with open-mindedness and a restless entrepreneurial spirit to deliver more for clients.
Our culture is rooted in curiosity. We support the unique qualities of each team member and the entrepreneurial spirit shared by all of us. We come from different backgrounds and offer different perspectives. We believe these differences make us better suited for a fast-changing world.
As a growing global firm with offices in ten countries on four continents, we are looking for talented individuals to expand our team. If you share our passion for ideas and commitment to excellence, we want you to join us.
We are looking for a Vice President, Assistant Controller to work alongside and support the U.S. Asset Management segment Lead Financial Officer/Controller. This individual will be involved in all finance related activities, including financial reporting, forecasting and financial and regulatory audits. The role will interface with numerous internal and external teams.
• Assist in the preparation of the segment’s quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
• Maintain the general ledger and prepare workpapers and reconciliations prepared by Senior Accountant for monthly and quarterly close
• Manage Senior Accountant
• Prepare accruals, workpapers and general ledger reconciliations for monthly and quarter end close for Senior Management review
• Maintain lease schedule compliance with ASC 842 and assist in consolidation of variable interest entities
• Collaborate with the Financial Planning &Analysis team and LFO to assist with financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
• Support LFO in manging the external audit and preparing documentation for auditor review
• Support LFO and other segment accounting teams in implementation and integration of a global ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, MIS (Management Information System) and other financial reporting, operating and control systems
• Continually research and stay well-informed of US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and changes to regulatory reporting requirements
Qualifications & Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• CPA designation required
• 5-8 years of relevant accounting experience
• Audit experience is essential
• Experience auditing public companies or working in an internal accounting team of a publicly traded company
• Experience preparing (or auditing) financial statements, footnotes and disclosures for Forms 10-Q and 10-K
• Proficiency with reporting software and systems, e.g., NetSuite, Hyperion or Oracle
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Wealth management and/or asset management industry experience is highly desirable
• Experience with the design, implementation, and testing of internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) is highly desirable